Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Re: Internet Version 2.Awesome

As most (all?) of our audience knows, I have nothing but disdain for the common man. However, let me take a moment to get down off this high horse and step up on this soap box and speak on behalf of the masses (N.B. - still on a somewhat elevated platform).

Don’t regulate the internet whatsoever. I love the wild westy status that it currently holds. I would hate to see it become like your average American city. Currently, it’s somewhat settled , but there is still a palpable element of danger out there, where only the brave (feel free to insert your own adjective) dare venture. It’s the one place that has not been disneyfied.

Sure you don’t like that there are idiots running amuck, but this is what you need to accept in a free society. Also, admit it, your pride and comedic sensibility would lead you to ban Kangaroo Boxing, but would the world really be a better place without it?

Also, if anyone out there knows how the internet works, can you please explain it to me? Can you just buy hardware and have a server, and then bam, you can create a domain name? What is the purpose of a place like GoDaddy? Do they just have a bunch of servers, and that’s essentially what you are buying?

I’m so confused. Currently, my understanding is that the internet is a series of tubes. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that I’m wrong.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wrote a response at sachinkamdar.com